Walker & Sharpe have an excellent reputation for advising and assisting clients in the field of family law. Lister McKiddie is the partner who deals with family law and has many years of experience. Lister deals with both private fee paying and Legal Aid clients. He provides advice on: Separation
- Dealing with all aspects of separation.
- Negotiating and preparing separation agreements.
- Resolving financial issues after separation.
- How to plan for a separation.
- Advice on the legal grounds for divorce and advising on the best way of obtaining a divorce.
- Obtaining court orders to protect clients from abuse and defending such court actions.
- Arrangements for children after separation.
- All financial issues in relation to children.
- Acting for children in family disputes.
We provide supportive and positive help to resolve difficult questions over children.
We handle the negotiation and resolution of difficulties in child care arrangements with the best interests of the child being always paramount.
We provide clear and strong representation for our clients faced with the need to seek or oppose an order relating to where a child should live (Residence Order) and to what extent the child should have contact with the non-resident parent (Contact Order).
We also offer advice in relation to all other child-related matters, including money for children and the Child Support Agency.
We have the knowledge and experience to act on behalf of children of all ages. We can assist children should they require independent representation in relation to family disputes. We can assist children in expressing their views or represent them in court in connection with disputes over contact with an absent parent or in relation to where they should reside.